Saturday, September 18, 2010

To be or not to be....

anonymous

Okay so when I first decided to give this whole blog thing a try I wanted to do it without relieving too much that would clue people in to who I am. I'm not really sure why, but I'm not entirely comfortable with sharing certain things in a non anonymous context. Particularly when I'm in a kinda depressed mood, I don't mind when other people do it on their blogs, but I always feel so lame about doing myself.

Anyway I am not currently depressed that is not why I'm writing this post.

I have been thinking a lot about how to use this blog, or if I want to continue to use it at all. Then just the other day I got a possible answer. I've used Yelp! for a good while, but never actually had an account. So this past June I got a user name and all that jazz or that I could write reviews, but the things is that on Yelp! reviews from new users get filtered. This is a really frustrating feature because what I liked about it was the interactive features. It has been over 3 months and non of my reviews are showing up and I put a lot of thought into my reviews and it is incredibly discouraging when they don't get used. So my thought is that perhaps I can share reviews of stores, restaurants, events and whatever else here.

Now when I came up with the solution to my Yelp! induced frustrations I realized that through these proposed reviews enough information about myself will inevitably be reveled, that if someone who actually knows me visits my blog they'll be able to figure out who I am. Anyway I've decided I'm okay with that and I will try not to let myself be self-conscious about that when writing.

Right so I'm going to give it a go. My updates may be fairly sporadic I'm not sure yet, I've got a lot going on in my life right now so I'm not sure how much time I will have for blogging. I think I'll start by adding some of my "filtered" Yelp! reviews to the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment